Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello From Texas :)

4 posters

Go down

Hello From Texas :) Empty Hello From Texas :)

Post by Radical Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Hello, I'm Charles.
I usually aim for heavily populated RO servers, but I am becoming more interested in the development side of things.
If an Administrator would contact me about this i would appreciate it.

Anyways, I've been playing RO for quite a long while, and I've hopped around from server to server ever since i got tired of paying on iRO Smile
I Usually Play Snipers, So if you see me in game, be sure to say hi!
Radical
Radical

Back to top Go down

Hello From Texas :) Empty Re: Hello From Texas :)

Post by Khaine Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi Radical, and welcome to BBRO! Very Happy
Khaine
Khaine
Head GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Radical Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Hello. Currently downloading your client.
Are you actively looking for staff members at the moment?
Please contact me on MSN if so. Radicalrebirth@live.com

I'm interested in the server, i noticed you guys at eathena.ws
Radical
Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixTrainer Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:22 pm

hello and welcome ^^

we might be intersted in the staff member thing but I'd say you should maybe make a post to tell us more about your abilities ^^
PhoenixTrainer
PhoenixTrainer
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Radical Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, i have a bit of experience when it comes to forum moderation.
I was a replay reviewer and forum moderator for one year on www.gamereplays.org, which was sponsored by EA games, back when C&C Generals Zero hour came out.
I also moderated on RevolutionRO, forums only.
I was also an event GM on SeriousRO for a month, but the server closed due to funding issues.
I'd like to get back into it, as i am interested in server development and maintenence.
I have a bit of knowledge when it comes to MySQL, but i am still learning DB modification and such.
I am available on weekdays from 7pm until 11pm or so Central time, (-6) , and on weekends I am usually available whenever i am needed, Unless scheduling issues arise at work.
I have been playing RO for well over five years, and know the game itself fairly well, as well as how to resolve most minor technical issues that might arise for the typical RO player.
I also do Custom Graphics design, and have worked for several well established businesses in the Dallas Ft worth area, including the Lizard lounge, and Onyx Hookah lounge.
I'm well qualified for the position, and have applied on a few servers, but they mostly see me as someone who wants to "BE A GM PLOX"
Haha Smile
I was intending to start my own server in the near future, but unfortunately, my business partner opted out of the deal, and started a webhosting company instead. So i am looking for someone who wants a business partner, perhaps. But i will settle for a simple staff position for the moment. Though i do think you would like the ideas i have for a very, very unique private server.
But all that aside.
I enjoy the custom NPC's in prontera, especially the priests. Do you think issues will arise with them when the server population becomes larger? They will constantly be casting buffs on everyone...
Radical
Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixTrainer Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:26 am

well about the priest and other guards this was just part of an idea I had a long time ago...

at the time I wanted to add a city watch to every town but, for now, only Prontera has one.

In addition to the buffing players thing (which was not really my first idea), they are also part of the custom jailing system.

Basically, when a gm uses the jail command, instead of directly warping the player to jail, it will make him "wanted", which means member of the security force will keep spawning on him and attack him until he dies or logs out. Whenever one of those 2 cases happens, the player is warped to jail.

In addition to the security forces, if a member of the city watch happen to see a wanted player, he will attack him too. The Prontera city watch does not only have priest, if you go near the Knight Guild, you'll know what I mean. Actually the only reason it has priests is the church of Prontera. If I happen to make a city watch in geffen for instance, it would very likely be made of wizards...
PhoenixTrainer
PhoenixTrainer
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Radical Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:22 pm

That is brilliant.
Absolutely Brilliant.
So you are saying that the security forces would spawn anywhere in midgard?
Or only in towns?
Radical
Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixTrainer Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 am

anywhere.

and they will attack only you, even if you're inside of a pvp arena or whatever.... you're the only one they will attack and you're the only one who can attack them.
PhoenixTrainer
PhoenixTrainer
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Radical Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Good idea. Smile
Well, let me know what you think about my offer.
I'll be around ^^
Radical
Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrors Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Welcome Radical ^^
Mirrors
Mirrors
Administrator

http://twitter.com/BlackBoxRO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum